USA Sailors ONLY – help the USOKDRA make decisions and provide your opinion / answers to the following questions. Your answers would be appreciated by email to jfbland at me dot com.
If you are not a member, please consider becoming one. $50 for an Associate Membership. See the rules/procedures.
All OK sailors – if you’d like to participate, please list your country organization first in your reply.
Individual helpful comments, please reply directly here – with your country if not the USA.
1. Do you currently own an OK Dinghy?
2. Are planning to own an OK dinghy in the next two years?
3 When do you think you will build or purchase an OK Dinghy?
4 Which would you prefer to buy, New or previously owned?
5 How much would you pay for a new boat of any kind? – For an OK Dinghy?
6. How old are you / year of birth?
7 How would you rate your Physical fitness / ability to sail. -> Excellent [works out]; Good [I like to take long walks on the beach] ; Fair [Walks to local bar].; Poor [my idea of aerobic exercise is walking from the couch to the refrigerator to get a beer. ; Lastly – Physical Fitness , what’s that?
8. How would you rate your sailing ability, or Sailing Experience. [Novice – Experienced – Advanced – Semi Pro – Professional ]?
9.How easy would it be to start a fleet on your home Lake / Beach on a scale of 1-5 . 1 impossible to 5 we’re ordering boats now.?
10. Would you ever consider going to a World Championship in Europe or Southern Pacific [Outside USA ] – yes or no ?
11. Would you ever assist either financially or with volunteer time with a World Championship held in the USA.?
12.How important is a custom OK to your sailing plans on a scale of 1 to 5.? 1 not important -> 5 Won’t consider anything but a custom boat.?
14. Do you prefer plywood or composites as building materials for your OK dinghy?
15. Do you prefer to build your own boat, or purchase a composition hull, or purchase a ready to sail package. If none of these what would you do when purchasing a new boat.?